If you missed it yesterday while it was airing live, I was a guest on APhotoEditor’s Professional Photographer Webcast titled Working with Agents.
Here are some of the highlights:
• What not to do when you reach out to an agent looking for representation.
• What exactly does an agent do to earn their commission?
• What are some ways an agent handles house accounts and editorial accounts?
• What options are out there for photographers that do not have an agent and how can I make those work for me?
• What does it mean for a photographer to find their own voice and how come they still have to market themselves once they have a rep?
• A little off track but, why aren’t photographers getting the advance they used to and what can we do about it?
• Why should you have a contract and how are some ways that severance could work?
• What are some reasons that Photographers and Agents part ways?